Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hello, all.

It may go without saying, but I am absolutely overwhelmed (in a good way) by your comments, memories of Dan, and offers to do anything to help. I wasn't very good for most of the year at taking people up on offers to help since it was sometimes difficult to even come up with anything, but I have to say that I'm ready for some help...and I think that what I need will come in stages; in waves.

I don't want to keep people hanging, especially since there is such geographic diversity for people, so I'll tell you the basic plan. Some good friends are working on the specific location, but the memorial service (tribute, I'd say) for Dan will be in Philadelphia President's Day weekend. Perhaps the 15th...although I can't guarantee that at this point. Dan and I met at the University of Pennsylvania when we were 18 and he spent many of his happiest times there. It feels right to me to all meet there.

Even if I get new news this evening I will write a new post, but for now, I'd ask you to all plan on President's Day weekend in Philadelphia.

All my love and gratefulness,
Susan

2 comments:

K Dutt said...

Hi Susan,
Great idea - we will come!
love always, Kathryn and kids

Unknown said...

It might work out if it could be arranged for most people coming in to Philladelphia to stay at a common hotel and maybe have a therapeutic get-to-gether. And also a group rate might be available then? Can anyone there check on this? We have not been there before. Dad and Lorraine