Monday, September 8, 2008

Radiation treatments are moving along. I have at least another 6 (once a day, all during weekdays), and then I should be ready to proceed to do more chemo. Until then, I have been feeling very energized by my medications (constant dosages of steriods), even though I continue to experience sub-normal blood levels, which normally keeps me off my feet. It's been a very pleasant artificial boost while I deal with the radiation issue.

Here's a quick example of how the steriods have been affecting my appetite by showing you what I ate yesterday. (As a point of comparison, the only thing I might eat for one week during chemo might be a bagel and some french fries):
1) 1/2 bag Fritos
2) 1/2 pumpkin muffin
3) 1 giant chicken Indian dosa
4) 5 hot dogs
5) 3 plums
6) 4 pineapple wedges
7) 1/2 large mushroom and olive pizza
8) 10 chocolate chip cookies, 2 glasses milk
9) 1/2 caesar salad

No comments: