Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New voice--Meret Oppenheim here.

I live in New York and am a friend of Susan and Dan's. Susan asked me to act as a liaison to friends and relatives for the next few weeks so she can give all her energy and attention to Dan. Aside from posting health updates, my main function will be to act as a sort of traffic coordinator.

Dan would like visitors and the next two weeks will likely be the best time to see him, since he'll be too sick to see people after the upcoming round of chemo. But unannounced visits are tough on him. To get around that problem, if everyone could email their available visit times to me, I'll make sure that visits are spread out so Dan can handle them.

Visiting hours are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. If at all possible, try to allow at least an hour for your visit. Although actual face time with Dan will probably be short--5 to 10 minutes, maybe 15--he may be resting or undergoing a procedure when you arrive and unable to see you immediately. If you bring a book or laptop to pass the time, both Dan and Susan will feel more comfortable about not having to be "on" if the timing isn't perfect.

My phone number is 914.714.0217 if you'd like to call. Otherwise, send email to funwithmeret@hotmail.com and I'll do my best to set things up asap.

No comments: