Tuesday, December 16, 2008

These next few weeks will be busy ones, filled with tests and preparation for my bone marrow transplant, which is still scheduled for the first week in January. I will not be seeing any guests this month, as I am trying to minimize the risk of infection of any kind. This is a serious problem for people in my situation.

The transplant hospitalization will last at least one month, including chemo, radiation, and the transplant. Following that is a very long period of recovery at home (up to nine months), during which time I will be seeing and doing very little outside of the apartment. In other words, see you all next fall.

Here are two sites that will direct you to information about the transplant.

*www.marrow.org
I am getting an "Allogeneic" Bone Marrow Transplant

*www.mskcc.org
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center's site

Keep sending your comments to this blog or to Susan's email address. Thanks.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Dan and Susan,

Thinking of you both and sending hugs.

Xoxo,
Kate

Unknown said...

Rage on; channel the inner Wolverine. Next Thanksigiving will be a time for celebration.

Unknown said...

Best of Luck with your treatment. Hang in there. You will win.

Kathryn said...

Hi guys - guess we better find more games and books and puzzles for you to do at home!! I know you will "win". Lots of love to both of you especially germless hugs!

Linda M said...

Hi Dan & Susan --
Many prayers and healthy thoughts from Minnesota. I graduated with your Mom, Dan. The last time you were in town, I was fortunate enough to meet you at Abbey. Your Mom is a very dear friend and my love and positive vibes have been coming your way ever since your diagnosis. You will beat this !!
Keep the Faith.
-- Linda Miller
Roseville, MN

Unknown said...

Thinking good thoughts and wishing there were more I could do. And as they say in Japanese, FIGHT-O!

-Adrienne