Friday, August 29, 2008

I have completed numerous additional nervous system tests this week and am prepared for brain radition for the next 2-3 weeks (10-15 cycles at 5 per week). The side affects should be largely manageable. The reason for the radiation treatment is to remove a thin film of leukemia that has developed around the brain. Leukemia does very poorly against radiation, so the treatment should be very successful. The dosage I will be receiving is roughly half of someone with brain cancer, so there is very little risk in getting more than the brain can handle. It's just enough radiation to enhance my superpowers.

I will be taking (and already am taking) drugs to shrink and stall the growth of the rest of the cancer until I can proceed with the previously scheduled chemo. Once radiation is done, the high-dose chemo plan will be happening right after that.

No comments: