Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hi, it's Susan here again.

I'm back for a blog post after a busy week of organization, family visits, and the start of Dan's latest treatment. First, though, thank you to my friend Meret for taking the reigns and acting as our visit scheduler during this time. It's something I didn't realize I needed but did, especially when the latest news came so suddenly and the treatment started sooner than expected.
.
So here's what Dan just said: "Cytoxan is no joke". Cytoxan (the name says it all) is the second of the two chemotherapy drugs he'll be getting over his 6 days of treatment. He's had it before in combination with different drugs so he knows its effects, but this time we're going to think of it as a friendly poison, a chemical ninja warrior going into battle against the leukemia cells. I got a little New-Agey on him and suggested this visualization. Here are some of my thoughts.

I know how much you all want to DO something for Dan, and you have through your cards, visits, positive thoughts, prayers, etc. But I have a new request based on concepts I've been thinking about lately...to not only send good and positive thoughts, but embody those thoughts; raise your own spirits. By doing so I believe you make an automatic difference wherever you are. Plus, when the opportunity arises again to visit Dan, you will be in the best state possible to share yourself with him.

So...I hope I or Meret will be able to set up visits again soon. Dan said again today that he likes people to visit but wants the option to say no. In the meantime, I have to pack up my crystals and magic 8-ball, so I'll sign off for now.

4 comments:

Tara said...

Embodying our on thoughts, right on! That's the ticket! That is going to pack a major punch on Dan's behalf. So EVERYONE do what Susan says.

alan said...

Just do it.

Unknown said...

Susan and Dan, you are amazing and so brave. Thank you for continuing to post even through the hardest times. My thoughts are with you. Xoxo, Kate

Unknown said...

DDDDD...you are the man! Keep strong!