Monday, January 5, 2009

Meret here. Just a brief update about visitors. Susan wrote 

"It seemed like a good idea when he wasn't getting the chemo yet to have visitors, but the game really has changed. We'll have to see how it goes tomorrow, but as of tonight [Monday] he told me that too many visitors in a week is overwhelming....he can handle the ones he has [already scheduled], but no more for this week. I know it sounds like a total change and it is, but the way he feels turns on a dime. We love these people, but since the sole purpose is to raise his spirits and make him feel good, it won't if he's not up for it."

She also regretted that she isn't interacting with everyone individually but said "If I spend all of my time with my head in my Blackberry, I'm going to miss the time I need to be present with Dan." 

For now, since visits are out, perhaps the best way to show support is to be old-fashioned and write notes and cards for Dan to have in his room. Anyone who's YouTube-production friendly could also post a short (30 seconds or less) video saying hi. It does him good to know we're rooting for him, but this treatment seems to be coming down pretty hard.

When I have a bit more health news, I'll post it. In the meantime, thanks for all the offers to visit.

No comments: