Friday, January 23, 2009

Susan again: just a quick update...time flies and I realize I haven't written anything for a few days.

Dan has had one of the toughest weeks yet but is doing an amazing job of pulling through. I am knocking on wood as I write this (and ask you to do the same), that the infection causing his fevers is under control. Now he just waits with a huge cast of antibiotics until his white blood cell count reappears/recovers. It's been at 0 (re: zero) for over a week as expected after such a huge dose of chemotherapy. We are all waiting for that moment...even 0.1 white blood cells would assist his weary immune system.

It will happen next week...until then, find some wood (or use your head if there's none around) and please keep knocking.

2 comments:

alan said...

Knock, Knock.

K Dutt said...

the kids and I have knocked on all wood surfaces and friends heads -- we will now knock on strangers heads!! hang in there - we love you both! Kathryn